• 6 boneless chicken breasts (about 2 lb / 1 kg total)
• 2 tbsp. tablespoons (30 mL) butter
• 2 tbsp. tablespoons (30 ml ) olive oil
• 3 French shallots, chopped
• 3/4 cup (180 ml) raw apple juice (me, kind of tradition )
• 1 1/2 cups (375 ml ) chicken broth
• 2 tbsp. tablespoons (30 mL) Dijon mustard
• 3/4 cup (180 ml) 35% cream or 15% thick
• 2 tbsp. tablespoons (30 mL) tarragon or fresh thyme , finely chopped
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts. In a large skillet, heat half the butter and oil over medium -high heat. Add half of the chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes or until browned ( the return to the halfway ) . Put the chicken aside in a baking dish . Cook the remaining chicken in the same way (if necessary, add the remaining butter and oil ) . Bake in preheated oven at 350 ° F. (180 ° C ) for about 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink color inside.
2 . Meanwhile, grease the pan. Add shallots and cook over medium heat , stirring, for 2 minutes or until they have softened . Pour the vermouth , scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen particles . Cook for 3 minutes or until the liquid has almost completely evaporated. Add apple juice and reduce by 3 to 4 minutes . Add chicken broth , bring to boil and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about half.
stir in the mustard and cream and simmer for 4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Add the tarragon and mix. Serve the chicken topped with the cream sauce .
Preparation : 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Note: I served with mashed potatoes , rice and asparagus.
visite Boneless Chicken Recipes